Effective information governance is vital to preserving data quality, system adaptability and scalability, and enables you to fully exploit the economic value of your data. As organizations grow, data volume and complexity increase exponentially. More and more interactions with your data from different departments and data managers compound the challenges. An integrated, enterprise-wide approach is necessary to ensure the performance, quality, sustainability and scalability of your information systems.
Information Governance, at its essence, is business-driven, with an operational emphasis, centered on establishing accountabilities and execution with measurable results.
Complex technical and business environments involving multiple parties and systems require a properly structured and adequately empowered organizational body, as well as a recognized framework that interfaces with all major Information Management arteries of the organization. Information governance establishes and maintains cooperation between business units by setting policies and standards for how data and metrics are owned, managed, defined, propagated, and used throughout the enterprise.
Every Information Governance project is as unique as the organization it serves. Start your program off with confidence by leveraging Ataccama's knowledge and experience through our exclusive fixed price assessments. Contact us to find out more.
Information Governance Benefits
- Established and formalized corporate management of all critical data assets
- Better quality data translates into lower Quality Assurance costs for complex data projects
- Higher quality metadata and data documentation means faster ramp-ups, more precise results, and improved time-to-market
- Enforce stringent requirements and standards without constant intervention
- Meet or exceed regulator demands and avoid penalties
- Ensure a single version of the truth for your organization
- High-Level Needs and Capabilities Assessments
- Vision, Objectives, Organizational Impact
- Planning and Program Definition
- Discovery, Scoping & Design
- Define Organization Needs and Priorities, Major Functions and Responsibilities, Organizational Structure, Roles, and Roadmap
- Implementation Support
- Planning, Support Principles and Policies Through Approvals, Streamline Processes and Procedures